A lot of companies implementing digital strategy plan to produce mobile app. Producing an effective, functional mobile app is a highly advanced process. Requires knowledge, analysis of real customer and market needs, implementation of design assumptions. We have to consider many factors. The basic indicators for planning are the real needs and the purpose of your app. The application can realize a business purpose, commercial, lifestyle or even social. It can also build our digital image. Of course, we need to consider the budget we have for production.
At this point, it is worthwhile to make an analysis, market research and ask yourself: do we use personalized online tools (application generators) to produce applications? Or maybe we will outsource the application with a professional softwarehouse, like Better Software Group? Below, in short words, we try to answer the most important and strategic questions.
Picture: Mobile app (Vikash Jengrid)
Native mobile apps are written from the ground up in the programming language appropriate for the operating system (for example, for iOS – Objective C, for Android – Java, for WindowsPhone – C #). All functions are written from the ground up by the developer – this allows you to create powerful applications. This type of solution does not limit creativity in the number of features or application development. According to the Techopedia, native mobile apps provide fast performance and a high degree of reliability. They also have access to a phone’s various devices, such as its camera and address book. In addition, users can use some apps without an internet connection. Most video games for mobile devices, for example, are native mobile apps.
Native application can be quietly recommended when:
- There is a mobile app and you plan to develop it
- You need professional resources (UX, developer support)
- You have an idea for an advanced mobile app, game, entertainment product
- The strategic factor is degree of advancement, dedicated functionalities
- Budget and creation time does not play a role
- Native apps are more secured than any other app they follow the security guidelines of the App Store, Google Play
Hybrid application are worth recommending when:
- The mobile app will not have advanced features, there will be no need to involve additional resources, such as UX, developer
- You have limited budget
- You care about the prototype of your mobile app
- You’re not interested in specific operating system and don’t need the source code
One and the other category of applications bring us a number of business benefits. For example:
- Buliding a range, professional brand
- Providing more value to your customers
- According to Techcrunch, 35.4 percent of Black Friday sales last year were completed on mobile devices. That’s up from the 16 percent they were just a few years ago
- Mobile devices now account for 52 percent of their online orders.
- Mobile apps are now, more than ever, providing their creators with location data on their users. Try to apply this to your business
- You could learn when and where people were purchasing your products most often and which parts of the world are most interested in your business.
- Mobile app may not save your business, but it is a sure way of securing a strong presence in your industry (according to the BulidFire)
Do you have a plan to create a mobile app? We will be happy to discuss it. Just email us: email@example.com