Mobile apps in general
Mobile applications or better mobile apps are applications developed for small handheld devices. Such as mobile phones, smartphones, smartwatches, and so on. Mobile apps can come preloaded on the handheld device as well as can be downloaded by users directly from dedicated app stores. Or simply the Internet. The most popular platforms that support mobile apps today are Android, iOS and still (how long?) Windows Phone.
Mobile apps downloads 2016, 2017, 2017 in bln (Statista)
The main advantage of using mobile apps, as Casinopedia says, is that users can play them wherever they happen to be at the time or place. Day and night, 24/7. Mobile apps created something we can called „Mobile engagement”? What i sit? Accessdevelopment analyse defined it as the level of interaction between a brand and consumer via a mobile device. The interactions and engagement are closely correlated. The more frequent and valuable the interactions are, the more engaged the consumer becomes. According to Salesforce.com, the number of businesses planning to use mobile marketing has doubled since 2014. Over $32 billion will be spent on mobile engagement by 2018.
By 2020, mobile apps are forecast to generate around 189 billion U.S. dollars in revenues via app stores and in-app advertising. Some of the most popular operating system-native stores are Apple’s App Store, Google Play, as well as Windows Phone Store and BlackBerry App World. As of March 2017, there were 2.8 million available apps at Google Play Store and 2.2 billion apps available in the Apple’s App Store, the two leading app stores in the world (Statista analyse).
Mobile app for your company
A mobile application for your company or brand is the most obvious method for earning mobile engagement. At minimum, a mobile app will provide the ability to engage directly with a brand – such as making a purchase, setting an appointment, initiating a call, or requesting an appointment.
Why you should implement mobile app into your business strategy? The main reasons are:
- This rise in mobile-phone usage means that smartphone apps have become a key marketing tool for companies of all sizes, including small businesses. Remember, mobile app is the best and effective social media platform
- Mobile apps increase engagement with customers. They boost repeat visits, and permit a wide variety of online transactions, including the deployment of loyalty cards, push promotions, and ecommerce transactions.
- Apps deliver coupons and send announcements that build your sales with customers. Apps also accelerate contact with your company, which enhances relationships with customers in a world where speedy responses are prized by buyers.
- Smartphone icons even help build brands by providing a visual design that customers recognize. The more customers interact with your business and product, the more points they collect, which can in turn be used for great deals on the products they already know they want.
- One of the most important things a mobile app offers to your consumers is awareness of and communication with your brand. Regular interaction with your target market, you’re fostering trust is a strategic point, too. Mobile apps provide a faster and easier alternative to web browsing.
Source: Entrepreneur, LifesWire, Buildfire, Statista